Does your liver need a break?
Weighing in at approximately 3 lbs, the liver is the largest gland in the body. It secretes between one half and one full quart of bile each day. That's the same volume as a carton of milk! All toxic substances, either produced or absorbed by the intestine, are detoxified in the liver.
According to Ayurveda, it is the seat where anger, hate, jealousy, and fire easily stagnate. Releasing anger brings maturity. In Chinese medicine, the liver emotionally generates the will to grow and provides the energy of creativity.
The 7-Day PURE Liver Cleanse
> Drink 8 oz of room-temperature water with squeezed lemon juice upon awakening.
> About half an hour later, drink Dr. Schulze's Liver /Gallbladder Flush Drink*, consisting of:
- 3-4 juice oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1-5 cloves garlic (may help body recognize carcinogens)
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1-5 tablespoons of Olive Oil (extra-virgin, cold-pressed organic)
- 8 oz distilled/filtered water
- Put all ingredients in the blender for about 30 seconds to a minute and drink.
Ideas for lunch:
- Steamed vegetables: Brussels sprouts, broccoli, greens. Add shredded ginger, lemon juice and cumin powder.
- Sprouts: broccoli, alfalfa, pea, sunflower with shredded cabbage or chopped kale with caraway seeds and lemon and olive oil.
- Arugula, watercress, grated beets, flax-seed oil and cumin and turmeric as a salad.
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar if you crave vinegar.
Ideas for diner:
- Eat plenty of dark, green and leafy vegetables.
- Steam cauliflower, add turmeric and coconut oil
- Steam kale and onions. Drizzle flax-seed oil and sesame seeds
- Steam Brussels sprouts and cabbage. Add a little coconut oil or olive oil and lime juice
- Steam vegetables and take them to work with a little olive oil. Favor the cruciferous vegetables: Broccoli, collard greens, Chinese broccoli, cabbage, watercress, root greens, turnip, Brussels sprouts, arugula, mustard greens, kale, dandelion.
Throughout the Day
> Avoid: Oily, fried foods, sugar, alcohol, cannabis, tobacco.
> Herbs to use: Kutki, Schizandra, Triphala
> Drink liver-friendly teas all day that will include herbs such as:
- Milk Thistle
- Fennel Seed
- Barbetty Bark
> Drink one glass of unsweetened cranberry juice every afternoon
Gas: If you feel bloated and gaseous from eating so many vegetables, try a digestive enzyme that targets what type of food you are eating or probiotics